Cranberry Rice Pilaf with mushrooms, Craisins, peas and almonds…
Browned potatoes (from left over baked potatoes) with onion and rosemary (for my picky one who doesn’t like mushrooms or Craisins in her rice. She doesn’t like onions in her potatoes either, but was willing to pick those off of her potatoes)
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread/Dessert
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in poppy seeds.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 120 calories
1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
1 small bunch green onions, thinly sliced
1 small clove garlic, chopped
2 Tbs butter
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 cup rice
2 1/4 cup water
1/4 to 1/2 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup Craisins
1 Tbs toasted almonds
- Melt butter in a skillet and saute the onions and mushrooms until tender.
- In a saucepan heat the water and bouillon cubes until boiling. Stir in the rice; cover tightly and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peas and Craisins. Top with almonds.